DLDC Revolving Business Loan Program
The objective of this program is to facilitate the expansion and retention of business activity within the City of Dunkirk, create employment opportunities, and expand the City’s tax base. The DLDC has three seperate loan funds: General Fund, Women and Minority Business Enterprise Fund, and Incubator Business Fund. The DLDC currently has active loans with 12 local businesses.
The business activity to be undertaken with assistance from the DLDC Revolving Business Loan Program must directly result in the creation or retention of employment positions consistent with the Federal regulations and the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program. Eligible activities include a manufacturing endeavor, warehousing, wholesale distribution, and a service or activity (except those involving religious activities).
The maximum amount of loan program financing may not exceed the ratio of $20,000 for each employment opportunity to be created or retained.
Program Financing Amount
Applicants must demonstrate that all other private and public sources of debt and equity have either been maximized or are inappropriate, unaffordable, or otherwise unavailable. Assistance will not be considered where the amount of required assistance is less than $5,000. The limit of assistance is $50,000 per loan. The DLDC will, from time to time, exceed this maximum amount if the proposed project demonstrates extraordinary public benefit and/or economic development potential.
Applications for financing must include all of the information required by the Revolving Business Loan Program Application form, and any additional information as may be reasonably requested by the DLDC. A non-refundable $100 application fee will be charged for the submission of a DLDC loan application.
AL Tech Revolving Loan Fund
The AL Tech Revolving Loan Fund, administered by the County of Chautauqua Industrial Development Agency (CCIDA), offers fixed low interest loans to encourage business investment in Chautauqua County. It provides companies in the county with additional access to capital that enhances financing accommodations.
The below market, fixed interest rate, subordinated loans available through the AL Tech Revolving Loan Fund – for fixed asset or working capital needs – can help accelerate or expand business growth opportunities. As a result companies can grow more quickly or plan larger expansions that command greater investment and create or retain more jobs.
With a capital base of $11 million, and a recapitalization rate of approximately $1.8 million annually, the AL Tech Revolving Loan Fund is well positioned to meet the economic development project needs of area businesses today and well into the future.
- Businesses must be sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies or corporations.
- Businesses must provide detailed information on the project to be financed, including business history, management, products, marketing and finances.
- Businesses must be located, or proposing to locate in Chautauqua County.
- Information and communications technology
- Tourism related activities
- Commercial development
- Supplying existing industries
- Producing or providing national defense or Homeland Security products or services
- Agriculture related activities
- Non-speculative real estate development
- Industrial Park development or brownfield site remediation and redevelopment
For more information contact Kristine Morabito, Project Manager at CCIDA 716-664-4515 or visit www.ccida.com
SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator
The incubator will assist entrepreneurs in starting and growing successful businesses based on existing and emerging technologies. The SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator nurtures and accelerates the successful development of start-up and fledgling technology companies. Through a network of supportive resources, technical expertise, and shared business services, the incubator empowers firms with the knowledge and experience needed to become financially viable and freestanding.
In order to qualify for “admission” to SUNY Fredonia’s Technology Incubator, you must meet three criteria: (1) be a technology-related firm, (2) have the potential to grow, and (3) exhibit a commitment to Western New York.
We have the tools to help you with:
- New Business Development
- Product Development
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Access to Funding
- IT Services
- Accounting/Financial Services
- Legal Services
- Proper Space
Our Target Markets:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- University Alumni & Faculty
- Environmental & Energy Markets
- Agricultural Business & Technology
- Suppliers to Existing & Start-up Businesses
For more information call 716-363-6430 or visit www.fredonia.edu/incubator
Other Resources For Local Businesses
- County of Chautauqua Industrial Development Agency
- SUNY Fredonia Technology Incubator
- Chautauqua Opportunities for Development, Inc
- New York Business Development Corporation