No Hunting/Fishing License(s) December 9th-16th – Attention customers, due to an upgrade in our software, our DECAL center will be shut down. During this time, we will not be able to issue any hunting and/or fishing license(s). We apologize for the inconvenience.
The City of Dunkirk is accepting applications for vacancies at the Boardwalk Market for 2014. Click here for application.
Hello, Found large female Black lab, no collar, at 4th and Park Ave., for info or adoption contact ACO Steve @ 366-2266.
Just a reminder, because of the holiday, there will be no garbage pickup Thursday. First Ward garbage pickup will be on Friday, and Fourth Ward garbage pickup will be Saturday.
Congratulations to the “What Thanksgiving Means to Me” Poster Contest Winners:
Northern Chautauqua Catholic School
Grades K-1 Max Sturniolo, GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Grades 2-3 Noah Benjamin
Grades 4-5 Cece Strang
Central Christian Academy
Grades K-1 Giada Kirell
Grades 2-3 Shaness Burgos
Grades 4-5 No winner
Grades K-1 Justin Rosario
Grades 2-3 Quanyay Thomas
Grades 4-5 Danielle Sullivan
Grades K-1 Daylani Taylor
Grades 2-3 Tikarah Thomas/JamPaul Serrano, GRAND PRIZE WINNER
Grades 4-5 Paige Winford
Grades K-1 Daishannett Rivera Cruz
Grades 2-3 Ariana Figueroa
Grades 4-5 Arianna Quinones
Grades K-1 Cierra Fisher
Grades 2-3 Mackenzie Weaver
Grades 4-5 Makayla Pasierb, GRAND PRIZE WINNER
This event was sponsored by the City of Dunkirk Youth Bureau and Pizza Village
The City of Dunkirk Police Department is issuing the following safety reminders to everyone during the Thanksgiving Holiday.
1. Please plan properly for trips by checking the weather and road conditions.
2. Allow plenty of time to reach your destination, take frequent breaks while driving.
3. Be prepared to adjust driving as the road conditions change
4. Always wear seatbelts and please make sure children are in a child safety seat. It’s a proven fact that seatbelts and child safety seats save lives.
5. Keep an emergency pack in the vehicle including blankets, water, snacks and a flashlight.
6. We wish for everyone to enjoy the holiday with family and friends but if you have celebrated too much and can’t safely operate a vehicle please don’t. Designate a safe driver ahead of time. Please don’t create a tragedy as your remembrance of this holiday.
7. If you encounter reckless operators do not confront them, pull off the road and call 911 with the description and direction of travel.
The Dunkirk Police Department wishes everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving Holiday.
Lakefront Blvd is now closed for the season. For more information, please check out the Public Works homepage.
The City of Dunkirk is seeking part-time Recreation Attendants. Recreation attendants will be working at the Recreation Center at the Fairgrounds, as well as working on all Recreation and Youth related activities. Applications are available in the Personnel Department in the basement of City Hall. Completed applications should be submitted to the Recreation Department, 338 Central Ave, Suite 210, or dropped off at the Clerk’s office at 3pm on Friday, December 13. Call 366-9886 for any questions.
Jenna’s 4th Street Cafe capped off an undefeated season by beating Team Fresh on the last play of the game, 33-28. Derrick Honiker threw a 10 yard touchdown pass to Frankie Beras for the win. Team Fresh took the lead 40 seconds earlier with a touchdown pass from Ryan Thompson, and a PAT pass to Joe Jagoda to take the lead 28-27.
Honiker finished with 4 touchdown passes and 1 run. Thompson had 3 touchdown passes in the loss. Eddie Marshall had two touchdowns-one reception and one on a kickoff.